Outdoor hot tub whirlpool
We have an outdoor spa pool with wonderful views.
Benefits of Whirlpool Therapy Tubs
- Pain Relief: Whether acute or chronic, whirlpool therapy is great for reducing pain for myriad patient issues.
- Reduce Inflammation: With adjust water temperatures for contrast therapy or using cold water, whirlpools are beneficial in improving swelling and inflammation for acute injuries like sprains or chronic injuries like arthritis. Using whirlpool therapy at the end of a treatment can help reduce any subsequent muscle soreness and/or inflammation.
- Improve Range of Motion: Heated whirlpool therapy is a great way to gently improve range of motion.
- Diverse Issues: Whirlpool therapy is gentle, non-invasive, but has powerful therapeutic benefits. Because of these qualities, whirlpool therapy can be used for many issues including:
- Arthritis (Rheumatoid & Osteoarthritis)
- Sprains & Strains
- Tennis Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel
5. Science Approved: hydrotherapy not only helps reduce pain and swelling, but also positively improves the following body systems:
- Cardiovascular: Cold whirlpool therapy creates a vase-dilatation effect which aids the deeper vascular system.
- Respiratory: Cool or cold water whirlpool therapy (up to shoulder height) can either improve oxygen consumption or reduce the risk of respiratory infections.
- Nervous: Immersions in whirlpool therapy can help calm the nervous system and cold water immersion specifically reduces anxiety and parasympathetic nerve activity (fight or flight response).
- Musculoskeletal: Warm water whirlpool therapy can reduce muscle soreness, spasms and reduce feelings of fatigue. By reducing these symptoms, recovery is accelerated.
- modalities in rehabilitation. Let’s look at a case study to see how whirlpool therapy can support other modalities.
6. Alternative Pain Relief: Whirlpool therapy offers patients an alternative form of pain relief without the risk of harmful side effects.
7. Improved Recovery time: With the ability to facilitate tissue healing, reduce muscle soreness and spasms.